Thursday, May 2, 2013

Forrest Kerr's Letter to the Editor May 1, 2013


I'd like to provide some personal insight on how my father Don Kerr faces important decisions: when I found THE car that I wanted, I thought about hitting him with some emotionally slanted rhetoric but then I remembered who I was bargaining with. Although he may be an empathetic and understanding man the most important factor for him in decision making is the facts and the rhetoric free reality of any given situation. I crunched the numbers and was able to prove that I could afford it and even pay my tuition and books afterwards and with that I won his vote on the matter. I have always known him to be a kind-hearted and emotional man, but I have never seen him let that take precedent to his deep moral integrity which is centered around hard facts and I like to think he has passed that on to me and shares it with the people he surrounds himself with. More importantly I have seen this modeled by his campaigning with Rebecca Rotzler and I know it is something they will bring to the village board which it could use dearly.

Forrest Kerr
New Paltz

No comments:

Post a Comment